Sunday, August 11, 2013

Ready or not...

As the day is coming to an end, the realization that tomorrow will be my last day of freedom before school starts is starting to sink in. I sort of regret that I didn't have 'one last hurrah,' but then again when I'm stressing about something (like the biggest school investment of my life) I'm not usually able to let go and enjoy things. (Type A personality at its best.)

Aside from the excitement (or dread) of starting law school, I am also going to be becoming an aunt for the first time in only a few days! I have been obsessing over getting that phone call saying that she is on her way, so much so that I've had very vivid dreams of her arrival. The other night I dreamed they named her Seaweed... seriously. Maybe the anticipation and excitement of two big life changes is starting to make me lose my mind?

In other news, I finally finished decorating the guest bedroom // my office. It was the one room in the house that I wanted to be completely ready so that I can have a comfortable (and stylish!) space to do my homework. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. It's the only room in the house I can make as girly as I'd like! :)

I've actually already tested the room out as a place to study since I had to take a required 96 question legal grammar pre-test before orientation. The test cost $40 and the questions were mind blowing. I not only have a lot to learn about the law, but looks like I'll need to retrain my English grammar brain to a legal English grammar one. I didn't do as bad on the test as I thought I would (considering I guessed on many of them)-- in fact I tested out of 9 sections that I won't have to take again woo! I even scored a couple of points higher than some of the other new law students who have put their scores out there, but with that said the grade I made would still not get me any applause from a professor. 

Until next time, 
-L