Saturday, October 12, 2013

Dear little blog,

I'm sorry for neglecting you. I've actually been neglecting a lot of things lately because midterms fried my brain. I'm still having a hard time wanting to look at anything with words on it (including my books) ...I can only imagine how I'll feel after finals...

I do have something to complain about.. I absolutely hate this thing our school makes us do called Core Grammar. It's a program we had to pay for and also pass with a 90. It is ridiculously long (almost 100 questions) and time consuming. Well, I took the test like 8 times and my highest score was an 89... And yes, when I got that 89 I contemplated shooting my computer. 

I'm not the only one who didn't make it to a 90 by the deadline, so maybe they'll end up lowering the score requirement... Which they should, especially considering last year they only needed a 70 to pass!!! I cannot wait until the end of the semester when we write class evaluations so I can give them a piece of my mind about that stupid thing. Ugh -_- 

In other news, one of our professors walked out on our class last week. He said we were "the worst class he's ever had." Why you ask? Well, he asked a student a ridiculously easy question, one that applies to every single class we have, and the student didn't know the answer. Okay, so that's pretty normal, but neither did the next two students. 

Ugh. I wanted to shout hello, GOOGLE it. 99% of the class uses their laptops during class so there is zero excuses for not getting the answer and then knowing it just in case you get called on.  

The worst part is the professor then told alllll of our other professors. One of the assistant deans even came in and gave the class a "talking to." It was pretty embarrassing and I can only imagine what we're going to endure next week... :/ 

Anyway, I'm off to enjoy some tv time and not think about anything law school related :)

Love,
-L

Ps here's a ridiculously cute picture of Sadie :)